Namibia Mathematics Olympiad (NMO)
Registration Opening Date
01 November 2021
Registration Closing Date
17 November 2021
Registration opens from 01 – 17 November 2021
The National Mathematics Olympiad (NMO) is an annual event where high school learners from all the regions compete against each other in solving mathematics problems.
The National Commission on Research, Science and Technology (NCRST) in collaboration with the Namibia Ports Authority (Namport), the Petroleum Training and Education Fund (PETROFUND), the London Mathematical Society, the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture, the University of Namibia (UNAM), Namibia University of Science and Technology (NUST) invites interested school teams to register to participate in the Namibia Mathematics Olympiad (NMO) 2021.
Purpose of the Mathematics Olympiad
The purpose of the Mathematics Olympiad is to promote mathematics in general, and popularize science and technology among learners, teachers, educators and the general public. It is a vehicle to encourage and challenge mathematically gifted young people to take a more active interest in the study of science by providing an opportunity for learners to showcase their knowledge.
Who may enter:
High school leaners (Grade 8-11) can register and participate in the Mathematics Olympiad. Schools should. Teams should consist of at most six (6) participants (at most 3 boys & at most 3 girls).
Interested schools, learners and teachers should contact their nearest regional mathematics Olympiad coordinator for more information.
How to Register:
Registration form for focal/ team teacher: https://forms.office.com/r/Me6jmSpt5f
Registration form for each learner in a team: https://forms.office.com/r/m033fEemmb
Round one (1) rules and procedures
- Learners will be required to have access to a computer and internet to login online individually and answer a multiple-choice test within one (1) hour.
- The link can be accessed as follows:
- Log into the NCRST website: ncrst.na
- Click on WHAT WE DO.
- Choose and click on RSTI COORDINATION AND SUPPORT.
- Look under LATEST UPDATES for the Namibia Mathematics Olympiad round 1 test link.
- Participants must login on time for the test on 24 November 2021, at 14:00 – 15:00 for the test.
- The focal teacher and regional coordinator are responsible for the participants. Therefore, they must assist and ensure that the participants have access to a computer, internet and the website of the NCRST.
- Once participants have completed the test they can submit and wait for the results before logging out.
- For this round, questions will be loaded onto the system and marking will be done automatic by the system. Therefore, participants will receive their individual marks soon after submitting their work online. However, the combined team marks for the team will be announced at a later stage.
- The final team marks will be determined by the responsible committee. After the committee logged into the system, all marks will be available for assessment to determine the team scores.
- The responsible committee will announce the winning team of the round who will represent each school in the next round (round 2 – regional level).
All online registration forms to be submitted on or before 17 November 2021 at 17h00.